Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kid-E-Shack Under New Ownership


We recently interviewed the new owner of Kid-E-Shack (a state-licensed drop in day care) and we are very excited to welcome Claudete Gunsalus into the Lake Travis community! She is passionate about children and it shines through. She has some wonderful new ideas that she will begin to implement, such as planning a new organic food menu. We are certainly looking forward to keeping in touch with her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background.

I am a Brazilian-American. I moved to Berkeley, CA in 1983. I have a degree in Child Development. I have experience working with all ages children. My last job before moving to Austin was as a Research Teacher and the Director of the Before and After School Program for 13 years in one of the Elementary School in Oakland Hills, CA. My passion is children. I love to work and make a difference in the children's lives!


Why Kid-E-Shack?

Because I was looking for a business that fits my philosophy of life. I am a giver with a positive attitude. I was so impressed with the Kid-E-Shack playscape being inside and not having to take the children outside during the hot summer days. Kid-E-Shack Lakeway is a drop-in program that fits the needs of the parents and children. The children are safe, happy and entertained by the highest quality childcare providers. I hope the business can grow providing the best flexible and qualified child care program.

What kind of experience do you envision for the kids? What about the parents?

The program philosophy is "Happy Parents = Happy Children." Until you get back... Kid-E-Shack will provide the best entertainment time and safe environment. The parents will feel comfortable knowing about their child being socializing with other children.

There is a ribbon cutting ceremony with the Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce for Claudete today. We will post photos on our Facebook page soon- so be sure to stop by and welcome her. Or, better yet, stop by Kid-E-Shack and meet her in person!

Location: Just West of Randalls, in the same shopping center as Jack Brown Cleaners right off 620.

1508 Ranch Road 620 South Lakeway, TX 78734-6274

(512) 402-0077

Ages 18 mo - 12 Years Old

Check out the website for more info and rates




No comments:

Post a Comment