Friday, September 9, 2011

P Terry's


Several months ago, Alison and I shared the same sentiment when we saw the coming soon sign go up across from Lake Travis High School- "another burger stand? humph." We were both hoping for something a little more exciting. But...given its location, it does seem to fit the bill. I'm sure the company did their due diligence and figured they might make some cash serving hungry teens and California transplants who long for, and constantly compare, P Terry's to our beloved In and Out Burger.

As I sat there taking in the cool retro architecture, I was transported to the future of my two girls as teenagers: there they were, both sisters sitting side by side in a booth, laughing with friends after a victory LT football game, wearing their boyfriends Letterman jackets, and watching their iPhones closely to make sure they were home well before curfew. A mom can hope, right?

Then back to reality, I have an energetic two year old by my side taking off her flip flops about to head straight toward the large toy filled sand pit on the patio. I really would have rather she waiting until after she ate, but what the heck, it is kind of nice to sit and talk with no interruptions until our food is ready.

Our numbers are called fairly quickly and Alison goes to get our lunch. We both ordered the chicken sandwich which we thought was mediocre. (I know, I know, it IS a burger stand and the burgers are probably the best thing to order- but school just started and that is when all us moms make our new years resolution to shed a few pounds, right?) We did end up splitting the kids uneaten veggie burger which we agreed will make us return to P Terry's again. It was voted "The Best Veggie Burger in Austin" and now we see why. Plus, all of their food is fresh, all natural, and the tomatoes are locally grown. They give back to the community too, which is another big plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment